But I was So. Hungry. Breastfeeding requires quite a few calories at this stage, and it often leaves me suddenly starving. And since I've been talking about the French so much, you know, croissants! But the Starbucks I visited didn't have any. So I settled for the kind you buy from Safeway's bakery section... for $5. And that's not for one or two croissants - it's for approximately 12. It's safe to say that any croissant that costs less than $0.50 is not of the high caliber to which I'm trying to hold my food this year.
Did you know that every time you eat a crap croissant a French mime cries (silently)?
Resolution Fail. Or possibly just Resolution Room for Improvement Learning Moment? Or Fail. Yeah, Fail.
Though for real, it was a learning moment. As I stuffed the sub-par pastry into my sinful gob, I didn't feel good about my choice. But let's be clear - I still ate a second one, anyway. Because breastfeeding, blah, blah, blah.
Now I'm going to sit back and survey the snowy blanket that has dropped onto my lawn, and pray to St. Martin de Porres (saint of the broom, and therefore cleanliness) that our cleaning ladies reschedule tomorrow. I haven't had enough time to pick up for them. You heard me.
Santé!

No comments:
Post a Comment